Senior Software Engineer
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Development teams at Confluence consist of intelligent, driven, and dedicated individuals across disciplines who are passionate about what they do and committed to each other’s success. As a member of scrum development team, a Software Engineer at Confluence works across the entire tech stack utilizing cutting-edge technologies to build and maintain industry-leading software solutions. This individual takes user stories and architectural specifications to strategize and implement secure, performant, efficient and maintainable solutions designed to provide value to internal and external stakeholders. Development teams at Confluence thrive in an agile environment that embraces change, teamwork, and customer collaboration to deliver value to our clients. Our teams work hard, have fun, and take time to celebrate our successes. Confluence is a very successful and rapidly expanding company; this is an excellent opportunity to grow with us! This position is open for full-time remote work or part-time remote work if you enjoy being in an office on occasion.
- Design, develop, document, test, debug and support/maintain new and existing software systems driven by product vision and architecture.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, from epic decomposition/story writing to implementation and support.
- Actively proposes solutions for the technical implementation of the features that require sizing/story pointing/planning poker/estimation methods as per established team run rules to gauge complexity and size of solution.
- Designs & implements complex solutions and technical specifications (interfaces, APIs, classes, scripts, etc.) with required reviews.
- Actively participates and leads in complex design processes with peers and team members.
- Follows existing patterns and improves where applicable. Establishes new design patterns when needed.
- Expert in core technologies, system architecture and software development practices.
- Independently operates under team run rules (e.g. peer review/code review processes, utilization of design checklists, etc.)
- Writes quality technical documentation
- Assume responsibility for timely completion of tasks and initiate alternative paths or workarounds when problems are encountered.
- Works with QA team members to understand testing approach (may contribute to test plan creation), who is testing what and where (API versus manual testing, etc.)
- Troubleshoots complex issues (replicates, investigates, recommends solution options, and implements).
- Provides mentorship to peers.
- Actively participates in code reviews.
- Upholds code base standards.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science and minimum of 4 years of programming experience preferred.
- Proven experience delivering commercial software applications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Full stack development experience
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Strong programming experience with C# and .Net framework
- Experience with SQL and MSSQL databases
- Experience with writing comprehensive unit tests utilizing unit test tools
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills; written and spoken.
- Proponent of non-functional requirements such as scalability, reliability, performance
- Demonstrated self-starter and quick learner
- Collaborates with team members across disciplines to deliver client value
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: