Confluence is a global technology solutions provider delivering innovative products to the worldwide money management industry, to meet asset managers and service providers performance, reporting, analytics, risk and data needs. With the recent acquisition of StatPro, Confluence offers its clients a broader range of data-driven managed investment solutions including post-trade regulatory and shareholder reporting, performance and attribution, portfolio analytics, and asset data services and data management, delivering a full technology suite to the front, middle and back office. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 39 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
A Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Confluence is responsible for participating in our agile teams as a test engineer. Your focus is to assure the entire team embraces a quality mindset and implements best practices to improve team performance in order to deliver high quality products as a result. This person will be involved with the entire product life cycle – requirements, design, review and coding, and testing. You’ll work closely with Project Managers, Software Engineers, Product Owners, Architects and Client Services team members to collaborate and solve business problems in an agile development environment.
- Implement automated and manual test cases with a focus on validating complex calculations, functional scenarios, performance, scalability, and usability
- Develop and execute test plans and work with other team members to implement the plan
- Work on a cross-functional Scrum team participating in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demonstrations
- Possess the ability to define and apply test methodologies/metrics to ensure that the quality guidelines for the product have been met
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and quality.
- Help shape our products by providing input on user stories and designs and by giving feedback on usability
- Seek constant improvement of yourself, our products, our software development process, and your team’s performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or related discipline
- Four (4) or more years of professional experience in software development and/or automated testing
- Fluent Written and Spoken English Language
- Experience with relational databases, or NoSQL databases is preferred
- Proven automation skills using a test automation tool (Selenium and C# would be a plus). Experience with Visual Studio’s Web Performance and Load Test or a related performance testing tool is a plus
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills with strong desire and ability to deliver results
- Increased level of responsibilities, as value-added team member
- Collaborative working style that values team success over personal accomplishments
- Act in accordance with and is an ambassador of our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Confluence Privacy Statement