As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 1000 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Confluence is seeking an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building software products and services that solve and simplify challenges in regulatory reporting, strategic management of regulatory data, and compliance process management. The successful candidate will join a dynamic environment working with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out a specific set of fund calculation products that are required for the PRIIPs 2.0 and UCITS KIID project.
In this role, the successful candidate will take ownership of the PRIIPs offering with particular focus being given to the SRI, Performance Scenario, Reduction in Yield, Other Ongoing Cost, Transaction Cost Calculation, Performance Fee Calculation along with the UCITS SRRI, Ongoing Cost and Past Performance calculations. The role will initially involve gaining an understanding of the business requirements for an upcoming regulatory deadline, researching the relevant regulatory texts (PRIIPs & UCITS) and working with the Accudelta team to understand how the platform currently works today.
Following this initial information gathering exercise the candidate will need to transform the requirements into a detailed description of the business story and expected outcome which will allow the project to be understood by the development team.
The task will then move to delivery of the product. The candidate will have regular touchpoints with the development team, quickly acting to address any ambiguity on requirements and providing additional information where required. The candidate will also be involved in the final UAT of each story.
As large batches of stories are finalised and proper testing is possible, the candidate will be performing their own end to end testing to ensure the product is ready to go live as needed. The testing phase will include testing for some live clients who will also review the outputs. The successful candidate will work with the client to iron out any differences, ensuring our product remains generic for all clients and aligned to the regulation, but covering all use cases.
The product manager will be expected to provide final decisions to the development team on directional debates. The product manager will also be involved in onboarding projects for PRIIPs to advise on elements associated with the role, along with fielding client queries which arise as a result of our offering (which includes the European PRIIPs Template and cEPT too).
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in the RegTech / Investment Fund space as a product management professional, or in the investment industry for an investment manager or third-party fund administrator in with direct exposure to the regulatory demands of the global investment management industry. The role will specifically appeal to individuals who are very detailed oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment. This role offers direct exposure to the market on one side, and internal technical delivery teams on the other. This opportunity will particularly appeal to someone who is comfortable switching from regulatory research to hands-on execution.
The selected candidate is comfortable with ambiguity and will have a demonstrable track record in developing abstract concepts and turning them into a product with a complimentary set of concrete deliverables.
- UCITS KIID & PRIIPs KID Calculations: ownership of the PRIIPs SRI, Performance Scenario, Reduction in Yield, Other Ongoing Cost, Transaction Cost Calculation, Performance Fee Calculation along with the UCITS SRRI, Ongoing Cost and Past Performance Calculations – researching requirements, defining the expected outcomes for our development team and delivering the end product.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to understand the business requirements for this project.
- Researching the regulation to determine an approach that will align to regulatory specifications but also match our client use cases.
- Learn from the Accudelta team how the platform currently operates and use this knowledge to describe the requirements efficiently to the development team.
- Work closely with the development team to deliver the project.
- Work closely with a set of clients to test our outputs and ensure alignment.
- Be involved in onboarding projects for PRIIPs to advise on elements associated with the role, along with fielding client queries which arise as a result of our offering (which includes the European PRIIPs Template and cEPT too).
- Act as the final decision maker where a debate on direction arises, ensuring our product remains generic and aligned to the regulation but also adaptable to various use cases.
- Create a detailed project plan covering all of the above steps and provide regular management reporting on progress / risks.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/FinTech/Business Studies/Computer Science or equivalent
- CFA, FRM or CAIA qualification would be a bonus.
- 0+ years in the financial services industry, with at least 5 years in a product management (or similar) role
- Dual experience of working in a FinTech / RegTech, and an investment management and/or Third-party Fund Administrator / MANCO Service Provider is a definite advantage
- Experience in the delivery of software and/or services in the regulatory reporting / compliance management sector of our industry is a mandatory requirement.
- Experience of Alternative/Private funds reporting -and/or- Mutual Fund/UCITS reporting would be advantageous.
- Exceptional written and oral communication; experience delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable operating in client facing environment.
- Ability to think strategically and look at challenges from alternate perspectives.
- Ability to translate abstract concepts and ideas into concrete commercially viable deliverables.
- A firm understanding of mathematics and its application within the funds industry.
- Sets and expects high standards for self and others.
- Handles ambiguity with ease.
- The role demands high levels of inter and intra team collaboration – with an ability to traverse a global organization.
- Attention to detail is critical to success in the role.
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employee
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: