Full Stack Software Engineer
Job title Full Stack Software Engineer
Job Type Full Time
Over the past several years we have undergone a great deal of positive change and growth to become the company we are today. Our global footprint now spans multiple countries, giving our employees the opportunity to get exposure to other countries and cultures. And it stands to reason that none of this would have been possible without the hundreds of hard-working employees who work at Confluence.
We support our employees with new ways of working, having recently implemented a Flexible Working Policy, we often have the option for employees to work both from an office and from home.
We are proud to work with smart, passionate colleagues who are highly focused on our products and their impact on our clients’ work.
What do we do?
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 100 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
About Relevant Function:
You will work on Saas applications with up-to date technologies. You might also work on a legacy monolith application for support and evolution.
More about the role
Confluence is currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and organized Full Stack software Engineer.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing back end Java
- Developing and maintaining internal software tools
- Developing front end JS
- Writing unit tests
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing
What skills and experience do I need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- 3+ years of experience building software applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Knowledge of Java Back end : Spring, Hibernate, REST API, Swagger
- Knowledge of JS Front end : VueJS, Quasar, HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of database : PostgreSQL, MariaDB
- Tools : GIT, Nexus, Maven, Atlassian (JIRA/Confluence)
- IDE : Eclipse (backend), Atom (frontend)
- OS : Linux (Ubuntu)
What do we offer?
Confluence offers competitive benefit packages for team members. As a growing, global organization, we are always looking for ways to ensure that our employees can access benefits that matter to them and their families.
- Generous time off packages with vacation time, holidays and sick leave.
- Career Development is important and as a global organisation, we have opportunity to work across our diverse global locations. We also have access to a broad Learning and Development platform, which not only provides employees with work-related courses, but also personal development courses such as yoga detox!
- Social events include regular happy hour events across each region, as well as other informal events which are regionally specific.
- We have a Confluence Cares Committee who is responsible for giving back to our communities. This includes donation matching for each event, which vary from volunteer days planting trees in Pittsburgh to donating books and computers to school children in South Africa.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion committee meets regularly to focus on key initiatives and support for employees.
Please speak to someone in HR for specifics on benefits available by region.
More about the Location
Must be based in Paris - This role is based primarily at home, however there is an expectation to travel to the Paris office
Who will I work with?
The Development team is composed of 7-8 developers who work closely together.
We look for people who align with our 4 values.
Face reality with honesty, courage and accountability
Deal creatively with challenges and envision what the world could be
Build good habits into reflexes which become a part of our life
Committed to the success of others
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: