IT Infrastructure Manager
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
New ideas are fostered by diverse voices, great listeners, and close collaboration. At Confluence, we dream big and think differently about technology. Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find new approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top 10 global service providers license Confluence products and all of the top 10 global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
The IT Infrastructure Manager assists executives and the Head of IT in defining organizational goals and strategic plans while providing operational direction to the information technology department, managing, maintaining, and supporting the company’s IT Infrastructure solutions (including those supporting external clients), and establishing and enforcing organization-wide security and information technology direction. This position develops, implements, monitors, and maintains relevant policies and procedures for global IT infrastructure related information security and operations; manages, monitors, and enforces the physical security, protection services and privacy of the corporation, its employees, and any associated data commensurate with applicable regulations and laws. This position will spend a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise, including on-call hours, as part of the team rotation.
- Ownership of the company’s shared IT Infrastructure, including implementation, support, monitoring, patching, documentation, and maintenance. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, networking, servers, virtualization, storage, backups and replication, data centers, public cloud services, and Active Directory
- Analyze and resolve system/technology issues and needs.
- Manage the activities of individual contributors, including:
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and facilitate success of the assigned team members.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with and conduct performance appraisals and pay reviews for the assigned team members.
- Conduct Performance Improvement Plans and terminations, if applicable.
- Collaborate with the IT Service Desk and IT Product Support teams, and other departments to prioritize and support their IT Infrastructure requirements.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of the technology and security systems that support the company’s business goals.
- Implement and maintain polices and goals that support the organization’s technology and security requirements
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of information security policies and procedures, including relevant controls for ISO 27001 and SOC 1 audits.
- Assist with security threat and risk assessments to evaluate implemented controls and their effectiveness in line with business and regulatory expectations.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an inventory of all digital assets, including identifying asset owners and custodians, and appropriate diagrams and documentation of all critical components.
- Ensure compliance with corporate Business Continuity policies.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and consult with various internal groups on information systems, communications, and other initiatives to ensure that necessary security input has been provided into development processes.
- Collaborate with Information Security to ensure that the information technology environment conforms to appropriate security standards and best practices and that implemented security configuration settings align with the company’s enterprise security plan.
- Hold team accountable for excellence and timeliness in service delivery.
- Continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, and customer satisfaction for internal and external customers by determining and evaluating key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics.
- Champion continuous improvement for people, process, and technology.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, internal staff members, and vendors.
- Act in accordance with, and as an ambassador of, our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience with emphasis on IT Infrastructure support and implementation, ideally in an ASP or large enterprise environment.
- Five or more years of experience with leadership responsibility.
- International business and financial/investment services industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, multicultural environment wherein diplomacy and a passion for diversity are paramount.
- Broad knowledge of the field with proven management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify resolutions at a strategic and functional level.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide audience including executives, technical staff, end users, and external clients.
- Ability to get out of the day-to-day mix to allow teams to form.
- Understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communications capabilities required.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative.
- Leadership ability with the desire to personally improve.
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices and Infrastructure as Code.
- Working knowledge of key technologies, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, NetApp storage, Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, and ASA firewalls, Cisco UCS, VMware, Nutanix, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Active Directory, Citrix NetScaler load balancers, IPS/IDS, TCP/IP, Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, etc.), DNS, SD-WAN, VPN, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or similar technologies.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: