Chief Revenue Officer
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
- Senior Executive
New ideas are fostered by diverse voices, great listeners and close collaboration. At Confluence, we dream big and think differently about technology. Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find new approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top 10 global service providers license Confluence products and all of the top 10 global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
The Global Head of Sales is responsible for setting and executing on the company’s overall global sales activities and strategy. This individual works with the executive team and sales employees to identify, development and implement an effective sales strategy while developing domestic and international sales objectives, volumes, cost of sales, and product profitability. In addition, they are responsible for resource allocation, including budget, market share, personnel and training.
The Global Head of Sales is chartered with delivering client sales and new business on time and within planned pipeline. The Global Head of Sales will build a high-performance sales organization that reflects Confluence’s core values of integrity, imagination, discipline and service. This is reflected in a high commitment to client transparency and staff accountability; active investment in continuous improvement; highly robust repeatable processes and methods; and unambiguous measures of effectiveness in delivering meaningful results for clients.
- Provide strategic and operational direction to the global business development organization to maximize sales revenues and meet organizational objectives
- Develop global sales targets for the organization related to sales volume, cost of sales, and product profitability
- Ensure sales goals and forecasts are consistent with the organization’s long-range strategic objectives
- Develop pricing strategies and sales campaigns with marketing executives
- Direct the design and development of sales activities and strategies to support company objectives:
- Develops sales plans including objectives, program plans, territories, training and benchmarks
- Identifies and develops new global markets and distribution channels
- Maintains relationships with internal/external vendors
- Works with executive team to develop strategies to increase market share and revenue
- Communicates across departments to develop goals and client strategies
- Manages all aspects of the global sales function
- Directs and develops employees in sales roles (new clients and current clients)
- Oversees activities of sales management (training, recruiting, appraisals, commission compensation, motivation, and discipline)
- Evaluates effectiveness of employees and recommends necessary changes and adjustments
- Conducts continuing reviews within business unit to determine if organizational objectives are being met
- Works closely with marketing and client services with the goal of establishing and maintaining favorable images with clients, potential clients, employees and business community
- Analysis of current and emerging software competitors, software packages, and industry trends
- Manage the activities of individual contributors:
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and facilitate success
- Conduct effective one-on-one meetings.
- Manage and coach toward successful completion of goals and employee development plans.
- Conduct performance appraisals, identifying strengths and weaknesses and offering coaching in required areas.
- Conduct pay reviews.
- Conduct Performance Improvement Plans and terminations, if applicable.
- Providing training and follow-up.
- Conduct highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Assist multiple teams to perform better and do overarching work.
- Provide big ideas and be a change agent.
- Responsible for Team Management tasks such as:
- Facilitate team and client meetings.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Exhibit confidence and knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving problems.
- Generate enthusiasm among team members.
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manage the process of innovative change.
- Lead internal teams/task forces.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or sales management; may have post-graduate education or training
- 12 + years experience selling software in a complex sales environment and a verifiable track record of exceeding quota
- International business and financial/investment services industry experience preferred.
- Experience working with private equity backed companies and onboarding new acquisitions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, multicultural environment wherein diplomacy and a passion for diversity are paramount.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify resolutions at a strategic and functional level.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide audience, from technical staff to management, clients and coworkers.
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with internal and external contacts.
- Team management skills.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must possess exceptional organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications capabilities required.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.