Technical Sales Specialist
Confluence is a global leader in data-driven investment management solutions partnering with our clients to deliver products and services designed to optimize efficiency and control. Confluence provides actional data, insight, and workflow solutions to global asset managers/owners, service providers and allocators. Through its combination of proprietary and 3rd party integrated datasets, global research and analytics, we deliver solutions that drive complex decision across a wide range of financial products. Confluence includes the industry-leading data platforms of Confluence, CSS, Investment Metrics, Style Analytics, AMFINE and StatPro.
The Confluence Sales team is seeking a technical sales professional with 7+ years of experience partnering with clients/prospects to present SaaS based data and analytics sales in the financial services industries. If you are interested in a fast-paced environment and looking to expand your career, this role could be for you. Your core focus will be to represent Confluence suite of solutions to various personas from business users to C-Level executives. You will be instrumental in assisting in lead qualification, technical product demonstrations that align Confluence (analytics) vision to the customer’s goals. Via solution selling, you will be responsible for demonstrating the value of Confluence’s solutions and services by making thoughtful recommendations to help clients/prospects achieve better business outcomes.
- Driving enterprise sales process (Upsell and New) from identification to Proof of Concept
- Lead Proof of Concept/Value and help quantify the business impact of Confluence (analytics) solutions
- Coordinate and oversee RFQs process (might require dedicated response team in the future).
- Influence customers through thought leadership by translating technical messages into value-based messaging.
- Provide client views internally to product, engineering, and marketing
- Act as trusted advisor to prospects and clients. Facilitate periodic internal knowledge sharing
- Partner with relevant product team to share competitive intel and inform product enhancements
- Provide internal consultation to ensure new development feature requests are correctly balanced against the GTM strategy/sales funnel opportunities
- Provide RFP/RFQ intelligence to product management.
- Presenting solution benefits through in-person visits at prospect offices, industry conferences, and via web-based demonstrations
- Maintaining a thorough working knowledge of the benefits for all solutions and services offered by Confluence and our competitors
- Staying current on industry trends and developing in-depth knowledge of clients/prospects and their unique needs to enable you to effectively educate them about how Confluence solutions and services will help them profitably manage and transform their businesses
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited University or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years of enterprise technical sales experience
- Proven experience in a high velocity sales environment with a multi-task ability - Experience identifying prospect needs and concerns
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- In-person and virtual presentation skills, exudes professionalism, and demonstrates analytical and conceptualization problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage with prospects to learn critical information about their businesses and then provide analysis of complex business issues to drive adoption of solution and services
- Ability to work well and creatively under pressure and with deadlines
- Strong ability to learn new business, data and technology concepts
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Slack, Zoom
- Understanding LinkedIn.com and how to leverage it to build networks and pipelines.
- Familiarity with core Microsoft Office software, including Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: