Director, IT Infrastructure
Job Title: Director, IT Infrastructure
Classification: Full-Time/Exempt Department: Technical Services
Innovative ideas are fostered by diverse voices, great listeners, and close collaboration. At Confluence, we dream big and think differently about technology. Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find novel approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top ten global service providers license Confluence products and all the top ten global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
The Director, IT Infrastructure assists the Vice President, Global IT, and IT Management Team in defining organizational goals and strategic plans while providing operational direction to the IT Infrastructure team, managing, maintaining, and supporting the company’s IT Infrastructure solutions (including those supporting external clients), and establishing and enforcing organization-wide security and information technology direction. This position develops, implements, monitors, and maintains relevant policies and procedures for global IT infrastructure related information security and operations; manages, monitors, and enforces the physical security, protection services and privacy of the corporation, its employees, and any associated data commensurate with applicable regulations and laws.
- Reporting to the Vice President of IT regarding IT infrastructure risks, issues, and projects.
- Ownership of the organization’s shared IT Infrastructure, including implementation, support, monitoring, patching, documentation, compliance, and maintenance. Areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to), networking, servers, virtualization, storage, backups and replication, data centers, and public cloud services.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, and coordination of IT Infrastructure teams on systems, projects, and standards.
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of information security policies and procedures, including relevant controls for ISO 27001 and SOC 1.
- Accountable for adherence to security and compliance controls related to IT Infrastructure, including (but not limited to) change control and business continuity.
- Accountable for the maintenance of an inventory of all IT Infrastructure assets, including identifying asset owners and custodians, and appropriate diagrams and documentation of all critical components.
- Participate in security threat and risk assessments to evaluate implemented controls and their effectiveness in line with business and regulatory expectations.
- Accountable for timely mitigation of identified vulnerabilities according to their criticality.
- Collaborate with the IT End User Computing and IT Product Support teams, Development teams, and other departments to prioritize and support their IT Infrastructure requirements.
- Collaborate with Information Security to ensure that the information technology environment conforms to appropriate security standards and best practices and that implemented security configuration settings align with the company’s enterprise security plan.
- Collaborate on transformation initiatives to migrate legacy systems to public cloud.
- Manage supplier relationships, control budget, and report on expenditures.
- Continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, and customer satisfaction for internal and external customers by determining and evaluating key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics.
- Champion continuous improvement for people, process, and technology.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, internal staff members, and vendors.
- Act in accordance with, and as an ambassador of, our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Ten or more years of technical experience with emphasis on IT Infrastructure support and implementation, ideally in an ASP or large enterprise environment.
- Five or more years of experience with leadership responsibility in IT Infrastructure.
- International business and financial/investment services industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, multicultural environment wherein diplomacy and a passion for diversity are paramount.
- Broad knowledge of the field with proven management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify resolutions at a strategic and functional level.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide audience including executives, technical staff, end users, and external clients.
- Project management skills
- Ability to get out of the day-to-day mix to allow teams to form.
- Understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communications capabilities required.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative.
- Leadership ability with the desire to personally improve.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and Infrastructure as Code.
- Understanding of key infrastructure technologies, including networking concepts, server operating systems, enterprise storage systems, routers and switches, firewalls, load balancers, virtualization, data centers, and public cloud services.
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
As this role is managerial, you will be based in and around Dublin, however there is flexibility and the prospect of hybrid working.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter with salary requirements along with your resume by clicking apply.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: