As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Our Data Development team is the engine room of the data part of the business. Based in Montreal, we are the data hub to our several offices and products, including many facets of our flagship cloud-based product called Revolution.
The candidate would be joining a decent sized team, and it would be a great opportunity to learn new techniques, pickup new skills, sharpen existing tools and most importantly contribute to a key part of the company’s core and future.
- Analysing and understanding specifications in order to carry out the required development and implementation in the system.
- Testing, maintaining and supporting applications in Oracle and PostgreSQL, along with cloud applications in C#
- Participating in meetings and decisions relating to new functionalities and improvements to the existing processes.
- Monitoring quality coding practices and standards via peer design and code reviews.
- Documenting major processes and development milestones, both inside and outside of the code.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering field, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, DEC in Programming, or equivalent in experience
- Certifications considered
- Professionally fluent in English
- Database Programming - Oracle (11g and above) SQL and PL/SQL (3+ years), or
- PostgreSQL (13 and above) SQL and PL/PGSQL (3+ years)
- .NET Core Programming, C# (3+ years)
- Knowledge of source control and CI/CD systems
- Cloud applications (AWS a plus)
Required Personal Skillset
- Well organized (i.e. to-do lists, reminders, outlook rules / follow ups, naming and filing documents)
- Resourceful and skilled at searching for solutions to problems
- Detail oriented
- Dynamic and positive attitude
- Web Programming
Fully remote or hybrid position in our Cape Town office
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: