Senior Sales Executive
- Paris, France
- Full Time
Confluence is a global technology solutions provider delivering innovative products to the worldwide money management industry, to meet asset managers and service providers performance, reporting, analytics, risk and data needs. With the recent acquisition of StatPro, Confluence offers its clients a broader range of data-driven managed investment solutions including post-trade regulatory and shareholder reporting, performance, attribution, risk analytics, and asset data services including data management, delivering a full technology suite to the front, middle and back office. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 39 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
This Senior Sales Executive is responsible for generating revenue by generating sales from new Buy Side prospects with a primary focus on Analytics and Regulatory Sales and increasing Confluence’s penetration of new logos. This individual will create a territory plan and sell products and services directly to new institutional and retail asset managers, asset owners and extended our focus in the Private Wealth space. Often times will be responsible for complex and difficult to close sales. Individual will work closely with Sales Management, Sales Specialists, Marketing and Product Management in devising direct sales plans and strategies. Operates under minimal supervision with ample latitude for independent judgment. Job typically requires high level of travel.
Works consistently to ensure that opportunities to align the prospect’s success with the growth of Confluence are optimized and results in an ongoing increase in revenue.
This individual works closely with other company resources to ensure smooth transitions once work-orders and contracts are signed. The Senior Sales Executive interacts with Marketing, Product & Technology Design and Software Development to identify areas for product improvement and provide market feedback.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform sales activities aimed at new prospects to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives
- Create and maintain prospect target lists and work with Sales Management on KPIs and targets such as close ratios, cold calls/reach outs conducted, etc.
- Generate or follow-up on leads provided
- Create and perform sales presentations to match company’s products/services with identified needs of the prospects
- Ability to leverage existing contacts and relationships in the UK and Ireland to expand new logo penetration
- Remain knowledgeable of company’s products and services to facilitate sales efforts
- Maintain sales records and prepare sales reports as required
- Responsible for complex and difficult to close sales
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Assist management in devising direct sales plans and strategies
- Assist management in determining effective sales techniques
- Determine ways to differentiate from competitors
- Work with management to identify new sales and market opportunities
- Attend trade shows as directed
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proven sales success required
- Financial services technology related experience highly preferred
- Strong presentation/communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Excellent discovery and rapport building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with prospects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to support multiple individuals on different schedules
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications and SalesForce CRM
- Extensive travel is required
- Increased level of responsibilities, as value-added team member
- Collaborative working style that values team success over personal accomplishments
- Act in accordance with and is an ambassador of our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Finance
- Knowledge of portfolio analytics solutions and the institutional and asset owner markets required
- Experience working for a SAAS based fintech company
- CIPM qualification advantageous
- Five or more years managing complex sales to the financial services industry
- Seven or more years focused on new logo/prospect sales and expanding existing client territory
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities