QA Automation Engineer
Job title QA Automation Engineer
Location Remote - South Africa. Option for remote or hybrid working
Reporting to QA Manager
Job Type Full Time / Permanent
Over the past several years we have undergone a great deal of positive change and growth to become the company we are today. Our global footprint now spans multiple countries, giving our employees the opportunity to get exposure to other countries and cultures. And it stands to reason that none of this would have been possible without the hundreds of hard-working employees who work at Confluence.
We support our employees with new ways of working, having recently implemented a Flexible Working Policy, we often have the option for employees to work both from an office and from home.
We are proud to work with smart, passionate colleagues who are highly focused on our products and their impact on our clients’ work.
What do we do?
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 1000 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
More about the role
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer who loves to roll up their sleeves and be actively involved in developing high-quality software for Investment Metric’s Data Products team. We are seeking a contributor and leader with the desire to work closely with the entire team and who brings an energetic and team-focused approach.
In this position, you will be developing and maintaining software for the end-to-end testing cycle of the client facing services and software. Also, you will be responsible for various testing tasks like validating UI functions and report output, extracting and validating complex financial data, and performing back-end testing.
What skills and experience do I need to succeed?
Successful individuals in this position are highly flexible, able to manage competing priorities and function in a dynamic environment. They possess excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- 5+ years of experience in creating automated tests and test tools.
- Experience in building/maintaining automation frameworks using C#, Selenium and Specflow.
- Experience in Automated API testing
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience in performance/load testing using any automated tools
- Knowledge in Python, CI/CD and AWS infrastructure is an advantage.
- Previous experience in financial services
What do we offer?
Confluence offers competitive benefit packages for team members. As a growing, global organization, we are always looking for ways to ensure that our employees can access benefits that matter to them and their families.
- Generous Remuneration package.
- Generous time off packages with vacation time, holidays and sick leave.
- Career Development is important and as a global organization, we have opportunity to work across our diverse global locations. We also have access to a broad Learning and Development platform, which not only provides employees with work-related courses, but also personal development courses such as yoga detox!
- Social events include regular happy hour events across each region, as well as other informal events which are regionally specific.
- We have a Confluence Cares Committee who is responsible for giving back to our communities. This includes donation matching for each event, which vary from volunteer days planting trees in Pittsburgh to donating books and computers to school children in South Africa.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion committee meets regularly to focus on key initiatives and support for employees.
Please speak to someone in HR for specifics on benefits available by region.
More about the Location
This position will be remote with a preference in being in the UK/South Africa locations. There are offices in London and Cape Town if you would prefer hybrid working, however we are flexible for the right person.
Who will I work with?
The team will consist of 4 individuals who will be working together to be developing high-quality software.
We look for people who align with our 4 values.
Face reality with honesty, courage and accountability
Deal creatively with challenges and envision what the world could be
Build good habits into reflexes which become a part of our life
Committed to the success of others
If you would like to find out more about a Career at Confluence, please apply today.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: