IT Service Desk Manager (North America)
Job Title: IT Service Desk Manager, North America
Classification: Full-Time/Exempt Department: Technical Services
Innovative ideas are fostered by diverse voices, great listeners, and close collaboration. At Confluence, we dream big and think differently about technology. Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find novel approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top ten global service providers license Confluence products and all the top ten global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
The IT Service Desk Manager assists the Director, IT End User Computing in implementing organizational goals and strategic plans while co-managing the IT Service Desk team. This role is responsible for management and support of the company’s IT end user computing solutions, adherence to relevant policies and procedures and managing, monitoring, and safeguarding the security of the corporation, its employees, and any associated data commensurate with applicable regulations and laws. This position will spend a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise, including on-call hours, as part of the team rotation.
- Co-manage the activities of the global IT Service Desk in a follow the sun model
- Manage the activities of individual contributors in the region, including:
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and facilitate success of the assigned team members.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings, performance appraisals, and pay reviews for the assigned team members.
- Conduct Performance Improvement Plans and terminations, if applicable.
- Accountable for making sure tickets are processed in line with company SLAs
- Ensure that relevant information security policies, procedures, and controls are adhered to
- Plan for the life-cycle of end user computing hardware and software
- Drive a culture of collaboration, open communication, and customer service within the team
- Hold team accountable for excellence and timeliness in service delivery.
- Act as an escalation point for the IT Service Desk team, stakeholders, and end users
- Collaborate with IT and other departments to prioritize and support their IT requirements.
- Lead assigned projects from conception and design to implementation.
- Lead in complex design processes with peers and team members.
- Assist in troubleshooting internal applications and related issues.
- Assist in systems backups, risk mitigation and business continuity.
- Assist with security threat and risk remediation activities.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an inventory of all digital assets, including identifying asset owners and custodians, and appropriate diagrams and documentation of all critical components.
- Collaborate with Information Security to ensure that IT systems conform to corporate security standards and best practices.
- Continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, and customer satisfaction by defining and regularly monitoring key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, internal staff, and vendors.
- Act in accordance with, and as an ambassador of, our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service.
- Keep informed of most recent trends and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience with emphasis on IT Service Desk support and implementation, ideally in an ASP or large enterprise environment.
- Two or more years of experience with leadership responsibility.
- International business and financial/investment services industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, multicultural environment wherein diplomacy and a passion for diversity are paramount.
- Leadership ability with the desire to personally improve.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative.
- Understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to get out of the day-to-day mix to allow teams to form.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide audience including executives, technical staff, end users, and external clients.
- Acts as a change agent and persuasively communicates ideas
- Strong knowledge on project, take ownership and accountability, nurture team, working with and starting new teams
- Configuration and support of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Configuration and support of end user devices, laptops, monitors, mobiles, etc.
- Expert understanding of Office 365, OneDrive, Autopilot, and Intune
- Expert understanding of Microsoft server operating systems
- Expert understanding of Active Directory and user management
- Solid experience with collaboration tools (Slack, teams, etc.), client VPNs, Windows firewall, Antivirus, Bitlocker and conferencing software (Zoom, WebEx, etc.)
- Experience imaging and deploying laptops in an enterprise environment
- Experience in scripting and automation of repetitive tasks
- Excellent administration and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with basic networking and level one troubleshooting (ping, traceroute, telnet, etc.)
- Understanding the basic concepts of Risk Management, Business Continuity, and Incident Response
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience mentoring more junior staff members
- Able to prioritize tasks (efficient time management) to meet deadlines
- Be able to function effectively in an autonomous environment
- General understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies, such as server infrastructure, virtualization, networking, enterprise storage, and public cloud.
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
As this role is managerial, you will be based in and around Pittsburgh, however there is flexibility and the prospect of hybrid working.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter with salary requirements and click apply.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: