Senior Software Quality Engineer
- Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
- Full Time
New ideas are fostered by diverse voices, great listeners and close collaboration. At Confluence, we dream big and think differently about technology. Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find new approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top 10 global service providers license Confluence products and all of the top 10 global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
The Senior Software Quality Engineer at Confluence is responsible for participating in QA engineering teams and contributing ideas to an evolving testing strategy. This person will be involved with the entire product lifecycle – requirements, design, review and coding, stabilization, beta, release, and service packs. The person in this position will work directly with Project Management, Development, Product Design, and Support. A comprehensive understanding and background in software development and testing methodologies are required.
- Implement automated and manual test cases with a focus on validating complex calculations, scenarios (real world production use), performance, scalability, migration, memory, usability, and regression testing.
- Participate as a coach and mentor for other and/or more junior Quality Engineers.
- Liaise with team members of other disciplines (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Develop and execute test plans and work with other team members to implement the plan.
- Identify, document and track bugs
- Participate in the development of QA strategies, schedules, and resource plans in conjunction with Development and Project Management to ensure code coverage, product quality, and scheduling accuracy.
- Identify and apply state-of-the-art software quality testing strategies for the web and Windows based applications.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Conduct defect impact analysis and remediation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or related discipline.
- Six or more years of professional experience in software quality engineering.
- Fluent Written and Spoken English Language
- Experience with relational databases, or NoSQL databases is preferred
- Proven automation skills using a test automation tool (Selenium and C# would be a plus). Experience with Visual Studio’s Web Performance and Load Test or a related performance testing tool is a plus
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills with strong desire and ability to deliver results
- Ability to review requirements and provide meaningful feedback
- Write detailed and comprehensive test plans and test cases, using visual studios is preferred
- Increased level of responsibilities, as value-added team member
- Collaborative working style that values team success over personal accomplishments
- Act in accordance with and is an ambassador of our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service
- Ability to write readable and well-documented code.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills with strong desire and ability to deliver results.
- Possess the ability to define and apply test methodologies/metrics to ensure that the quality guidelines for the product have been met.
- Excellent analytic, technical, and diagnostic skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and quality.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.