Director of Accounting
Job title Director of Accounting
Job Type Permanent, Full-Time
Over the past several years we have undergone a great deal of positive change and growth to become the company we are today. Our global footprint now spans multiple countries, giving our employees the opportunity to get exposure to other countries and cultures. And it stands to reason that none of this would have been possible without the hundreds of hard-working employees who work at Confluence.
We support our employees with new ways of working, having recently implemented a Flexible Working Policy, we often have the option for employees to work both from an office and from home.
We are proud to work with smart, passionate colleagues who are highly focused on our products and their impact on our clients’ work.
What do we do?
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 1000 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
More about the role
This position reports to the Global Controller and is responsible for developing and managing the global general accounting, revenue and consolidation functions for Confluence Technologies. The Company is entering an acquisitive phase and the successful candidate will embrace the opportunity to develop and align roles and processes which will enable the accounting function to efficiently integrate new entities into the accounting structure while delivering against monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and audit requirements.
What skills and experience do I need to succeed?
- CPA or equivalent qualification
- 7-10 years of progressive experience with seven years management responsibility
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred), preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of ASC 606 in software subscription and SaaS business model
- Knowledge of NetSuite, including Advanced Revenue Management, and SalesForce systems
- Track record of building, developing and leading high performance accounting teams in a fast-paced organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think laterally and generate creative solutions
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative
What do we offer?
Confluence offers competitive benefit packages for team members. As a growing, global organization, we are always looking for ways to ensure that our employees can access benefits that matter to them and their families.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Generous time off packages with vacation time, holidays and sick leave.
- Career Development is important and as a global organisation, we have opportunity to work across our diverse global locations. We also have access to a broad Learning and Development platform, which not only provides employees with work-related courses, but also personal development courses such as yoga detox!
- Social events include regular happy hour events across each region, as well as other informal events which are regionally specific.
- A Referral bonus for each person successfully introduced to us.
- We have a Confluence Cares Committee who is responsible for giving back to our communities. This includes donation matching for each event, which vary from volunteer days planting trees in Pittsburgh to donating books and computers to school children in South Africa.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion committee meets regularly to focus on key initiatives and support for employees.
Please speak to someone in HR for specifics on benefits available by region.
More about the Location
This position can be remote US (ideally East Coast) or hybrid in our Pittsburgh office. We are highly flexible about ways of working, with a key focus on autonomy with deliverables.
Who will I work with?
The revenue and accounts receivable team is hybrid and collaborates regularly both online and in-person.
We look for people who align with our 4 values.
Face reality with honesty, courage and accountability
Deal creatively with challenges and envision what the world could be
Build good habits into reflexes which become a part of our life
Committed to the success of others
If you would like to find out more about a Career at Confluence, please apply today.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: