Software QA Engineer
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
About the Role
The QA Engineer will be a key member of our global QA team sharing tasks and responsibilities and reporting directly to QA Manager. His/her expertise will be an additional help ensuring that the software will be free from defects and unexpected errors. This role will include frequent interaction with development and support teams.
The right candidate will be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, be eager to learn new things and having the appropriate background to be able to learn quickly. Must have strong manual testing experience and automation, preferably with Selenium Web Driver, and strong Web testing experience.
· Writing test plan and test cases
· Executing manual and automation test cases
· Reporting and trucking defects
· Coordinating with developers and QA writing automated and test scripts
· Identify the level of automation required for testing complex systems
· Constantly maintain and enrich the existing automation framework.
· Liaise with the development, project management, and client support teams
· Bachelor of Science degree (Computer Science preferred)
· Proficiency with Selenium
· 4-6 years of relevant technical QA experience testing WEB applications
· Experience with large enterprise or e-business systems
· Experience in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments, including designing/manipulating test data, and replication of complicated test scenarios
· Ability to work with data-driven, modular automation software
· Ability to create test plans from written or verbal specifications
· Experience working in an Agile software environment
· Experience working with and as part of a geographically distributed team
· Strong motivation, ability to deliver under pressure
· Knowledge of software development life cycle
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: