Senior Client Services Analyst
Job title Client Services Analyst
Function Client Experience
Location London (Remote)
Job Type Permanent
Over the past several years we have undergone a great deal of positive change and growth to become the company we are today. Our global footprint now spans multiple countries, giving our employees the opportunity to get exposure to other countries and cultures. And it stands to reason that none of this would have been possible without the hundreds of hard-working employees who work at Confluence.
We support our employees with new ways of working, having recently implemented a Flexible Working Policy, we often have the option for employees to work both from an office and from home.
We are proud to work with smart, passionate colleagues who are highly focused on our products and their impact on our clients’ work.
What do we do?
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Confluence Delta product is an award-winning analytics platform, servicing asset managers and asset owners in the fields of market risk, performance attribution and portfolio construction. This is a senior client-facing role within the Delta Client Services team. The core responsibility of the team is the investigation and resolution of client queries relating to their usage of the Delta platform and analytics.
- Proactively engage with clients to optimise their use of the Delta product, enhance the service proposition and build client loyalty
- Respond to complex analytical questions relating to client usage of the platform
- Monitor the market, understand the emerging trends, and communicate accordingly to the sales and product management teams
- 6+ years of relevant experience in investment risk with Fintech, sell-side or buy-side firms
- Strong analytical and quantitative background with in depth knowledge of topics such as factor risk models, financial derivatives’ pricing models, market risk, performance attribution and portfolio construction/optimization
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- High level of attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in working with REST API and SQL is an advantage
- Fluency in French or German is an advantage.
Education and Qualifications required
- Degree in Financial Mathematics, Computational Science or Financial Engineering or another quantitative field
- Master’s degree or PhD in quantitative field
- FRM or CIPM qualifications are an advantage
- Less than 5% of business days (occasional onsite meetings on client premises)
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
What do we offer?
Confluence offers competitive benefit packages for team members. As a growing, global organization, we are always looking for ways to ensure that our employees can access benefits that matter to them and their families.
For this role we can sponsor professional qualifications (such as FRM, CFA etc). You could also become a subject matter expert, latterly moving Into a Technical Specialist role as your career develops, should a relevant role arise.
- Generous time off packages with vacation time, holidays and sick leave.
- Career Development is important and as a global organisation, we have opportunity to work across our diverse global locations. We also have access to a broad Learning and Development platform, which not only provides employees with work-related courses, but also personal development courses such as yoga detox!
- Social events include regular happy hour events across each region, as well as other informal events which are regionally specific.
- We have a Confluence Cares Committee who is responsible for giving back to our communities. This includes donation matching for each event, which vary from volunteer days planting trees in Pittsburgh to donating books and computers to school children in South Africa.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion committee meets regularly to focus on key initiatives and support for employees.
Please speak to someone in HR for specifics on benefits available by region.
More about the Location
This role is hybrid, with the expectation for you to go into our London office, located near Bank station, 2-4 times per week (4 days a week whilst training).
Who will I work with?
As it is a small team, there’s an opportunity to make a big impact and to be noticed. There is extensive exposure to clients in the investment management, insurance and pension fund space and we work closely with risk managers, performance analysts and portfolio managers. Also, we are launching a new and improved platform so there is investment and momentum.
Within the CS team you will be working with people who are motivated and pride themselves on providing a high level of service to clients. They help each other out regularly and there are no silos.
Currently the wider Delta team goes out for drinks on a monthly basis and there is often a CS team dinner every couple of months.
We look for people who align with our 4 values.
Face reality with honesty, courage and accountability
Deal creatively with challenges and envision what the world could be
Build good habits into reflexes which become a part of our life
Committed to the success of others
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: