Cyber Security Architect
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Meet The Team
The cyber security team is focused on ensuring the resilience of our corporate and product environments. As the Cyber Security Architect, you will be the hands-on technical team member of our cyber security team. Your job is to have a deep understanding of the IT infrastructure and the operations depending on it - including our software engineering, hardware engineering, and administrative functions - so that you can design, implement, measure, and continuously improve the security of the environment. You will report directly and work with our Head of Cyber Security and ensure that the cyber program aligns with our business goals.
- Gain deeply technical awareness of critical technologies used at Confluence then build and implement a cyber security program to secure them
- Develop security requirements and perform technical assessment of tooling and vendors in order to make buy/build decisions
- Provide input and directly participate in critical technology architecture design decisions that enhance the overall effectiveness and performance of the enterprise IT infrastructure
- Partner with other internal teams (i.e., developers, IT, DevOps, Product) to ensure the systems fully and effectively support current and planned applications
- Coordinate, review, and implement directives to maintain compliance with regulatory and security industry standards
- Develop and maintain relevant cyber risk metrics
- Lead the development and maintenance of security related tools and services including Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, SIEM, FIM, IDS/IPS, Incident Response, and Network Security
- Proactively identify and develop recommendations to remediating cyber risk issues and vulnerabilities by working with multiple teams including engineering, legal, HR, product development, etc
- Work hand-in-hand with our team of software engineers to implement best-in-class cyber security for our development and cloud environments
- Have unwavering focus on the protection of Confluence’s intellectual property, our employee information, and partner data
- Lead the documentation of infrastructure security requirements, as-builts, and develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Provide inputs into dashboards and report metrics on the status of Confluence’s cyber security posture
- Provide mentoring, and skill set knowledge transfer to team members
- Contribute to the development and evolution of application, platforms, cloud services and infrastructure security reference and target architectures. Develop, implement, and maintain the security architecture for Confluence product portfolio.
- Participate in the development of business cases, design, and implementation of cybersecurity capital investments.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of cyber security experience with at least 5 years of proven technical leadership
- Possess excellent programming skills
- Able to work across a wide range of technologies
- Need to be innovative in security designs and approaches to solutions
- Deep knowledge and experience in Linux and cloud environments
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated risks, and make informed decisions
- Ability to lead and mentor technical teams
- A sense of humor and unparalleled passion/energy
- Hold or be able to attain a cyber security certification (e.g. GSEC, GCIH, CISSP, CEH)
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: