Market Data Specialist
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
We are currently recruiting for 2 Market Data Specialists to work with our Market Data, Index and Operations teams globally in Vietnam. This is an exciting new role with many opportunities to work with financial market data and grow within our team.
- Ensuring data quality and identifying outliers (Equities, FX rates, Corporate Actions, Fixed income evaluation data, Index returns).
- Validating security price returns, corporate events and historical performance to match client expectation as well as benchmarks.
- Monitoring inbound and outbound jobs to ensure workflows are moving smoothly
- Constantly seeking process automation, methodology updates workflows improvements and documentation.
- Analyzing issues at any point in the workflow from vendor, to internal system, to client delivery.
- Providing support to external clients, internal client services and development teams.
- Comfortable with financial market data and how stocks, bonds, indices, etc. are used.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable working with Excel and SQL databases.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with production deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, working knowledge of French is helpful but not required.
- Must be available for one of two shifts:
- 6am – 2pm (Vietnam time)
- 1pm – 9pm (Vietnam time)
- Ideal Qualifications
- Degree in Business/Finance, Information Technology, economics, or related fields.
- 1 to 2 years in similar role.
- Experience with financial instrument data, bond terms and conditions, equities and derivatives.
- Ability to write simple scripting code in VBA or other (an asset).
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence ticketing system.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Constantly challenging the status quo.
- Team player.
- Willingness to take responsibility and be autonomous.
- Eager to learn.
- Resourcefulness to collect information from a broad range of sources to support analysis.
- Ability to plan/organize workload.
- Eager to innovate.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: