IT Infrastructure Manager, Servers and Storage
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Manager, Servers and Storage
Classification: Full-Time/Exempt Department: Technical Services
Innovative ideas are fostered by diverse voices, great listeners, and close collaboration. At Confluence, we dream big and think differently about technology. Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find novel approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top ten global service providers license Confluence products and all the top ten global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
The IT Infrastructure Manager, Servers and Storage assists the Director, IT Infrastructure in defining organizational goals and strategic plans while providing operational direction to the IT Server and Storage Infrastructure team, managing, maintaining, and supporting the company’s IT Infrastructure solutions (including those supporting external clients), and establishing and enforcing organization-wide security and information technology direction. This position develops, implements, monitors, and maintains relevant policies and procedures for IT data center infrastructure related information security and operations; manages, monitors, and enforces the physical security, protection services and privacy of the corporation, its employees, and any associated data commensurate with applicable regulations and laws. This position will spend a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise, including on-call hours, as part of the team rotation.
- Ownership of the company’s shared IT Infrastructure, including implementation, support, monitoring, patching, documentation, and maintenance. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, servers, operating systems, virtualization, storage, backups and replication, data centers, and Active Directory
- Analyze and resolve system/technology issues and needs.
- Manage the activities of individual contributors, including:
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and facilitate success of the assigned team members.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with and conduct performance appraisals and pay reviews for the assigned team members.
- Conduct Performance Improvement Plans and terminations, if applicable.
- Lead assigned projects from conception and design to implementation.
- Collaborate with IT, and other departments to prioritize and support their IT requirements.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of the technology and security systems that support the company’s business goals.
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of information security policies and procedures, including relevant controls for ISO 27001 and SOC 1 audits.
- Ensure compliance with corporate Business Continuity policies and associated SLAs.
- Ensure that relevant information security policies, procedures, and controls are adhered to.
- Ensure that identified infrastructure vulnerabilities and risks are remediated in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an inventory of all digital assets, including identifying asset owners and custodians, and appropriate diagrams and documentation of all critical components.
- Collaborate with Information Security to ensure that IT systems conform to corporate security standards and best practices.
- Continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, and customer satisfaction by defining and regularly monitoring key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, internal staff, and vendors.
- Act in accordance with, and as an ambassador of, our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service.
- Keep informed of most recent trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience with emphasis on IT Infrastructure support and implementation, ideally in an ASP or large enterprise environment.
- Five or more years of experience with leadership responsibility.
- International business and financial/investment services industry experience is desirable.
- Certifications in relevant technologies are desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, multicultural environment wherein diplomacy and a passion for diversity are paramount.
- Broad knowledge of the field with proven management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify resolutions at a strategic and functional level.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide audience including executives, technical staff, end users, and external clients.
- Ability to get out of the day-to-day mix to allow teams to form.
- Understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communications capabilities required.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative.
- Leadership ability with the desire to personally improve.
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices and Infrastructure as Code.
- Working knowledge of key technologies, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, NetApp storage, Cisco UCS, VMware, Nutanix, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Active Directory, Citrix NetScaler load balancers, TCP/IP, or similar technologies.
- General understanding of technologies such as networking concepts, databases, and public cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure/Amazon AWS)
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This role is based in the United Kingdom, with hybrid working on offer.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter with salary requirements by clicking apply.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: