As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
- Deliver assigned tasks/projects and tickets (as applicable) on time and to the defined quality standards.
- Use the Confluence solutions, tools and processes to meet the requirements of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate product competency and ability to implement best practices, share this knowledge with colleagues and customers.
- Collaborate with team members and external stakeholders/partners (as applicable) to ensure work priorities and stakeholder deliverables are scoped, met or escalated.
- Analyze, research and resolve complex issues both independently and through interaction with clients, colleagues and other departments.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of company processes.
- Independently provide solution design, configuration, testing and documentation activities to internal stakeholders to ensure governance standards are adhered to.
- Flexible work hours to support 24/7 client coverage. (some positions may require a different working pattern).
- Communicate with stakeholders/partners in a competent and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient problem-solving capabilities and ability to apply these to Confluence data driven investment management solutions.
- Detail oriented, organized and capable of independently managing assigned workload and time.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks as well as work with management and the wider team to load-balance work and priorities.
- Self-starter, independent learner with the ability to share knowledge and train others.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Key contributor to the team, working both collaboratively and autonomously as required.
- Effective communicator with the ability to chair calls, advise others and present content to various stakeholders/partners and clients.
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to conceptualize, analyze and interpret data models and understand how individual pieces of data fit into and relate to a model.
- The ability to understand complex data flows and data transformation processes.
- The ability to troubleshoot and solve complicated technical issues, and to identify and understand risks prior to the issue occurrence.
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to translate requests and requirements from clients into technical designs or investigations
- The ability to manage own time to balance multiple work deliverables within deadlines
- Knowledge of investment management data would be advantageous
- Highly proficient in T-SQL coding as used in MS SQL Server, along with knowledge of query optimization best practices
- Highly proficient in Excel, Knowledgeable on SQL and exposure to a programming language like Python would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in at least one ETL tool
- Experience in scripting languages (C#, etc.)
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Crystal Reports (as applicable)
- SSRS (as applicable)
- Proficiency in at least one data visualization or dashboard tool (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) would be advantageous
Proficient (as required):
- Excel Skills
- Financial market knowledge / asset management /investment fundamentals
- Fintech knowledge in the asset management space
- Business analysis
Nice to have:
- Candidate (or graduate) on the CFA, CIPM, FRA or equivalent programme would be advantageous
- Writing, troubleshooting, and optimizing SQL queries (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Design, develop, automate, and support complex operations to extract, transform, and load data into the data warehouse
- Understand the underlying data models used by the solutions
Education and Minimum Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Computer science, or Commerce degree with interest and exposure to financial markets is preferred
- 2 - 5 years’ experience
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: