Quality Assurance Analyst
Job title Quality Assurance Analyst
Location Cape Town, South Africa
Job Type Permanent
Over the past several years we have undergone a great deal of positive change and growth to become the company we are today. Our global footprint now spans multiple countries, giving our employees the opportunity to get exposure to other countries and cultures. And it stands to reason that none of this would have been possible without the hundreds of hard-working employees who work at Confluence.
We support our employees with new ways of working, having recently implemented a Flexible Working Policy, we often have the option for employees to work both from an office and from home.
We are proud to work with smart, passionate colleagues who are highly focused on our products and their impact on our clients’ work.
What do we do?
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
More about the role
Confluence is currently seeking to recruit a highly organized and motivated Quality Assurance Analyst for our Development team to test our new cloud base performance measurement product suite. The role presents both a functional and technical challenge and requires a committed, team-oriented and flexible individual with a good academic record.
- Participate in specification handovers; creating and execute test plans to ensure the developed solution meets its functional requirement.
- Be a key player in authorizing application release, having tested the product against your test and regression plans.
- Create replicable test beds using your financial skills to validate output.
- Test “Web 2.0” type software products.
What skills and experience do I need to succeed?
- A desire and aptitude for working in finance (performance measurement/ asset management field)
- A reasonable level of software testing experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Attention to details/conscientiousness
- Knowledge of GIPS 2020 Compliance standards
Ideal Experience (not all essential if you have knowledge of the industry and an interest in QA):
- Experience using automated test tools
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience testing distributed / cloud base applications
- Agile development (scrum)
- Good use of Mathematics at degree level highly desirable.
What do we offer?
Confluence offers exposure to its industry-leading portfolio analytics software as well as in-house and external. The successful applicant will develop high levels of competence in finance and technology.
Due to our global reach there are opportunities within this role to develop your career, transitioning into Client Services/Sales or other areas of the organisation.
Within this role new joiners go through an intensive probation period that forms the foundation of your work ethic. You will also be fully integrated into the wider product function.
Confluence offers competitive benefit packages for team members. As a growing, global organization, we are always looking for ways to ensure that our employees can access benefits that matter to them and their families.
- Generous time off packages with vacation time, holidays and sick leave.
- Career Development is important and as a global organisation, we have opportunity to work across our diverse global locations. We also have access to a broad Learning and Development platform, which not only provides employees with work-related courses, but also personal development courses such as yoga detox!
- Social events include regular happy hour events across each region, as well as other informal events which are regionally specific.
- We have a Confluence Cares Committee who is responsible for giving back to our communities. This includes donation matching for each event, which vary from volunteer days planting trees in Pittsburgh to donating books and computers to school children in South Africa.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion committee meets regularly to focus on key initiatives and support for employees.
Please speak to someone in HR for specifics on benefits available by region.
More about the Location
Must be based in Cape Town to attend team meetings, however you are able to work from home or the office to suit you.
Who will I work with?
The team works in project teams which are product focused. People are highly motivated, hardworking and honest. Ideas are encouraged where possible and although they are not always implemented, they are always appreciated and discussed in good humour.
The team meet once a week, making the most of our hybrid working model in our office in Cape Town. The office as a whole has breakfast once a month. They also speak regularly online.
We look for people who align with our 4 values.
Face reality with honesty, courage and accountability
Deal creatively with challenges and envision what the world could be
Build good habits into reflexes which become a part of our life
Committed to the success of others
If you would like to find out more about a Career at Confluence, please apply today.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: