Software QA Engineer
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Confluence is currently seeking to recruit a highly organized and motivated Quality Assurance Analyst for our Development team to test our new cloud base performance measurement product suite. The role presents both a functional and technical challenge and requires a committed, team-oriented and flexible individual with a good academic record. In return, Confluence offers exposure to its industry-leading portfolio analytics software as well as in-house and external. The successful applicant will develop high levels of competence in finance and technology.
- Become an effective member of an agile development scrum team
- Participate in specification handovers; creating and execute test plans to ensure the developed solution meets its functional requirement.
- Be a key player in authorizing application release, having tested the product against your test and regression plans.
- Create replicable test beds using your financial skills to validate output.
- Test “Web 2.0” type software products.
- Track bugs in a CRM database and own their resolution by coordinating with developers and retesting any fixes supplied.
- Contribute to product handovers; using your knowledge of the product to create internal documentation and assist other departments familiarizes themselves with new functionality.
- Create internal “known issues” lists for product releases.
- Follow QA best practices
- Flexible work schedule (to support global product/workforce)
- A desire and aptitude for working in finance (performance measurement/ asset management field)
- 2 years of software testing experience
- Good Mathematics at degree level.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Attention to details/conscientiousness
- Knowledge of GIPS 2020 Compliance standards
- Experience using automated test tools
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience testing distributed / cloud base applications
- Agile development (scrum)
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: