Director- General Accounting & Consolidation
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
This position is responsible for developing and managing the global general accounting and consolidation functions for Confluence Technologies. The Company is entering an acquisitive phase and the successful candidate will embrace the opportunity to develop and align roles and processes which will enable the accounting function to efficiently integrate new entities into the accounting structure while delivering against monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and audit requirements.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organized individual with great attention to detail and strong communication skills. The successful candidate will:
- Oversee all accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, IFRS and internal accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee all company accounts and investments and ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, reported and reconciliations are reviewed and signed off
- Report to the Global Controller with timely and accurate financial information
- Supervise and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business
- Support the annual budgeting and planning process
- Manage the treasury function and associated reporting
- Ensure the Company is complying with all applicable government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate and work as a key business partner to provide relevant and timely support to the business e.g. mergers and acquisition and related financing.
- Direct the daily activities for general accounting, intercompany, and consolidation
- Oversee the monthly close process, including journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company, cost allocations, and other balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Prepare, review and issue financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data, and safeguarding of assets
- Manage accounting policies and procedures and lead efforts to improve internal processes to ensure compliance, control and completeness
- Oversee the accurate handling of local, state, federal government and foreign jurisdiction reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage banking and insurance relationships
- Lead annual financial audits in multiple jurisdictions and manage financial statement footnote disclosure
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions; drive process improvement at all levels of the organization
- CPA or equivalent qualification
- MBA preferred
- 12 years of progressive experience with seven years management responsibility
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Demonstrated success in change management and strategic initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience/understanding of foreign currency and intercompany relationship
- Experience/understanding of revenue recognition in a SaaS environment
- Strong technical US GAAP and IFRS accounting knowledge including purchase price accounting, business combinations, ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Track record of building, developing and leading high performance accounting teams in a fast-paced organization
- Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting, and write memos to support conclusions in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and/or foreign GAAP
- Experience in designing and implementing accounting processes and controls
- Exceptional communication and management of communication among various parties and across time zones
- Be a self-starter, proactive and delivery focused
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think laterally and generate creative solutions
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, self-motivated willingness to take initiative
- Experience with NetSuite and Hyperion preferred
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: