Data Operations Associate
Job Title: Data Operations Associate
Investment Metrics, the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for the institutional investment community, is looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join their expanding team.
The Operations Associate fills a key role on Investment Metric’s Data Operations team – sharing responsibility for ensuring that the custodial and market reference data used by our clients is complete, accurate and timely. Accurate data is an essential component of all of Investment Metric’s products and the Operations Associate is a primary facilitator of ensuring this and delivering a positive experience for our clients.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of custodial data by maintaining existing data feeds and working with internal and external parties to enhance these feeds.
- Establish relationships with all internal groups, particularly Client Service, so that clients are proactively aware of any data issues.
- Support, investigate and correct data related inquiries
- Manage and monitor all market reference data loads. Identify and actively develop process improvements and work with other groups to implement upgrades.
- Analyze data using statistical measures and assorted data mining techniques
- Automate manual tasks using script languages such as Python
- Support and contribute to development of data products
- Be an active contributor to software development projects from a data point of view
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required, preferably in finance or information technology
- Technical skills, specifically: working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) or other relational database experience. Some experience with Python.
- Minimum of three years professional experience
- Quality of Work, specifically: high level of attention to granular details; ability to work on an issue independently.
- Problem solving skills, specifically: the ability to select, organize and analyze pertinent information in formulating options and recommending solutions.
- Planning and Organization skills, specifically: documenting and simplifying complex tasks; and orchestrating multiple projects at a time.
- Communication skills, specifically: organized, concise, and clear speaking and writing styles; and awareness of how to leverage the communication method and tone appropriate to the context.
- Ability to Build Relationships, specifically: acting as a liaison for Data Operations with other internal groups
About Investment Metrics
We are the leading provider of investment performance analytics and reporting solutions for institutional investors, investment consultants, asset managers, and private wealth advisors. We help our global clients analyze, measure and report on over $10 trillion assets under advisement in a highly insightful, accurate and efficient manner.
Our global database of traditional and alternative strategies is heavily relied upon by the leading investment consultants and asset owners for manager vetting and screening. It provides asset managers the exposure they deserve while allowing them to tell their best story to attract new asset allocations.
Our global clients include Aon Hewitt, JP Morgan, Mercer, Pension Consulting Alliance, RVK, Segal Marco Advisors, Wells Fargo to name a few.
Visit our website for more information www.invmetrics.com.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: