IT Applications Administrator
As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
New ideas are fostered by diverse voices, great listeners, and close collaboration. At Confluence, we dream big and think differently about technology. Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find new approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top 10 global service providers license Confluence products and all of the top 10 global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
We want to hire a full-time IT Applications Administrator. Work can be either hybrid or remote.
Work ticket queue and pickup minor and large sized tasks related to supported applications.
• Second line for ticket queue and tasks that come in for applications supported.
• Escalates to other senior members for items not familiar with.
• Act as a point of escalation for applications team
• Responsible for the day-to-day oversite of the application queue and any maintenance of systems and services related to the supported applications
• Assists on installation, configuration, and upgrade tasks for infrastructure systems with the oversite of a more senior role when needed
• Assists in troubleshooting application related issues
• Proactively monitors and responds to alerts for the services related to the applications supported
• Keeps informed of most recent trends and technologies
• Keeps aware of IT planning and recommendations around Company Infrastructure
• Assists in systems backups, risk mitigation and business continuity
• Assist Associate role employees with any tasks that are more complex
• Researches and evaluates new technology (hardware, software, devices, etc.)
• Take on responsibility for smaller tasks and projects within the group
• Asist other departments with projects and issues as they arise
• Occasional after hours/weekend work and/or participation in an on-call rotation may be required
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of work experience preferred.
Performs the following skills at a proficient level (commensurate with experience level):
• Microsoft client and servers OS and applications
• More in depth knowledge of a Citrix environment.
• Understanding concepts of layered infrastructure security (firewalls, DMZ, IDS, virus protection, network segmentation & authentication, monitoring, logging, alerts)
• Script experience is expected
• Solid administration and troubleshooting skills
• IP network management skills, including an understanding of common network and related protocols, services, and technologies
• Understanding of basic concepts with Risk Management, Business Continuity, and Incident Response
• Able to prioritize tasks (efficient time management) to meet deadlines
• Escalate issues appropriately to the next level
• Work well with others as individual contributor
• High level of creativity with the ability to solve complex technical problems
• Experience with industry best practices and knowledge of ITIL
• Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
• Good written, verbal and presentation skills
• Escalate appropriate issues to the next level, strong knowledge on project, take ownership and accountability, nurture team, working with and starting new teams
• Increased level of responsibilities, as value-added team member
• Collaborative working style that values team success over personal accomplishments
• Required technologies
• System administration
• Microsoft Operating systems
• Application deployment knowledge
• Cloud technologies
WITHIN 3 MONTHS:
• Understanding of ticketing processes
• Good understanding of Change Management concepts
• Good understanding of the monitoring and alerting systems
• Good understanding of escalation procedures
• Understand automation process
• Advanced understanding of WIKI and internal knowledgebases
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement: