A Software Manager at Confluence is responsible for leading a team of full-stack Software Developers in the production of high-quality Cloud software products. This position is responsible for the technology, staffing, development, delivery, and ongoing continuous improvement of the software engineering team.
The Software Manager takes a “hands-on” approach by participating in design decisions, code reviews, planning sessions and other technical discussions. As part of a larger software product development organization, the Software Manager is involved in many cross-functional product and process improvement initiatives as both a team member and leader.
What Will You Do?
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and facilitate the success of a team of talented Software Engineers.
- Create Employee Development Plans that support, encourage and evaluate personal growth.
- Maintain team morale via regular individual and team-wide communications.
- Perform all HR management activities for your team.
- Set team goals and objectives that are aligned with technology, product and business plans.
- Define, implement and improve software development processes and tools.
- Support the team in project and product release planning processes.
- Lead the team to meeting their commitments by removing roadblocks and providing hands-on assistance.
- Stay current with technology trends and instill a continuous learning mindset in the team.
- Ensure the team is adhering to established quality practices and is proactively identifying quality concerns.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop strategies to improve technology and enhance the product portfolio.
- Occasionally design, develop and test software to maintain a good working knowledge of software development practices, technologies, tools and challenges.
What Technical Skills Do You Need?
- You should have eight or more years of experience in software development with two or more years managing and leading software teams.
You Need These Technical Skills:
- Experience with backend technologies like C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server, and MongoDB. expertise in some subset of these technologies is highly desired.
- Proven experience delivering commercial Cloud software products.
- Significant experience implementing and optimizing the tools and processes used throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. DevOps or Continuous Integration & Deploy practices are highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of software quality practices including unit testing, secure software development practices, and non-functional testing.
- Work in an Agile software environment using Scrum.
You Need These Management and Leadership Skills:
- Expertise at creating high-performing teams focused on team success over individual recognition.
- Effective at all types of HR People management activities.
- Proven success developing, mentoring and coaching software engineers of various experience levels.
- Takes initiative in planning tasks, removing obstacle, and closing knowledge gaps.
- Quality mindset.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
We require a sound decision maker that utilizes knowledge of business to drive decisions with a great sense of commitment in doing the job right the first time. We are looking for someone with a strong willingness to learn continuously and take ownership and accountability.
This position requires you to work full-time from our Pittsburgh office. Experience managing and leading geographically dispersed teams is required as several Confluence Software Developers work remotely full time from their home office.
Confluence's company culture and values guide our decisions, whether it's about product, brand or people. So, if you are an ambassador of Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service to others and have the skills and interest, we would love to hear from you.
Confluence Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.